We are pleased to announce the launch of OptumHealthEducation.com, a full featured CME Website built upon our EthosCE Learning Management System. The Website offers a wealth of CME accredited activities to physicians, pharmacists, nurses, and other allied healthcare professionals. Currently, there are CME activities available across seven different specialty areas including: cardiology, infectious disease, internal medicine, neurology, oncology, pain management, and psychiatry.
OptumHealth Education selected EthosCE LMS to support their CME enterprise based upon the system’s robust features, customizable interface, browser-based administration, the open source licensing model, and our firm’s expertise in medical education technologies. Using an agile development process, our Web designers and engineers worked closely with OptumHealth to create an engaging, easy-to-use learning environment that:
- Delivers CME content based upon personal profiles and preferences.
- Provides easy access to a wealth of live and online CME activities.
- Creates a complete “My CME” transcript of all enrolled and completed activities.
- Streamlines registration, assessment, and certificate processing.
- Connects HCPs in 1,200 OptumHealth Learning Networks via integrated Google Maps.
- Offers thematic communities of practice and discussion forums.
- And, much more…
From an administration perspective, OptumHealth is able to:
- Manage EthosCE LMS through any Web browser.
- Avoid any annual licensing fees or restrictions on number of users.
- Setup learning groups and individual user permissions.
- Add new courses, assessments, and certificates “on the fly”.
- Create and run reports.
- Integrate with 3rd parties with ACCME standards-compliant Web services.
- Moderate discussion forums and news feeds.
- Streamline internal workflows.
- Migrate or retire legacy databases within the EthosCE framework.
- And, much more…
We are very pleased about the outcome of our partnership with OptumHealth and we look forward to seeing the continued evolution of the Website.